Our Community believes that we must be
Living On the Spiritual Edge--
are a group of individuals that have come together to create an independent
spiritual community open to all expressions of The Divine Presence in our
lives. We draw inspiration from many texts, encouraging and supporting
your spiritual life.
Although it is difficult for us to describe our church in a few
words, there are some basics to what we talk about and work with as a spiritual
You will find many of these in our Vision and Mission
Statement, but what might be emphasized are these things:
From the beginning, our intention
was to create a community that was a “soft landing” for all that came—where
they were met with friendship, openness and appreciation rather than judgment. We believe it’s possible—even
desirable—that people with different spiritual beliefs can come together in
mutual encouragement and friendship to create a community, rather than serving
only those that agree with us. This encourages each of us to take responsibility for what we
As a community, we also encourage personal responsibility in applying our spiritual beliefs to all aspects of our lives. And we understand that the future of our world lies with the decisions each of us makes not only in our personal lives, but in our relationship to people throughout the world.
Vision & Mission Statement
Living Spirit empowers us to remember our Divinity and to embrace our personal and collective responsibility for transforming the Universe through Love. Our mission is to inspire people to celebrate spirituality as a way of life--encouraging them to experience God as a Living Spirit in all aspects of Life, and to act from that experience.
WE DO THIS:
- By teaching that the Divine includes and transcends all individual expressions of God;
- By encouraging and validating each person's journey of Self-discovery;
- By creating a communal atmosphere of non-judgment, openness, respect, trust, integrity and love;
- By honoring the process of each person's transformation, and acknowledging the Presence of Grace in that process;
- By believing that our gifts and talents are essential to the divine enfoldment of the Universe;
- By teaching that we are loved unconditionally by loving unconditionally;
- By recognizing the divine innocence in every being;
- By acknowledging that we are without limits;w
- By living a joyful life.